11.25.2009

Gobble Gobble

I really felt it necessary to write a post about Thanksgiving this year. While listening to 93.3 (WMMR), Pierre was discussing how Thanksgiving is the "no stress" holiday. Why? No pressure of gift-giving, no worrying about who should get what. It is simply a time to spend with your family and friends and stuff your faces until you fall asleep.

What really stuck out, though, was the significance of giving thanks for what we have this year. Sure, we're all thankful for what we have going on in our lives... but this has been a VERY difficult year for a lot of folks. I see this reflected in my line of work everyday. Folks are being laid off*, money is tight, houses are being lost, food is not being had, life has been thrown into survival mode for a lot of people.

SO... I want to give thanks this year for all of the amazing things happening in my life. I'm thankful for my job, no matter how crazy it gets. I'm thankful for you, my Customers, for putting a smile on my face every day (even you grumpypants folks). I'm thankful for friends and family who have really stepped up to the plate after the unfortunate breakup earlier this year. I'm thankful for the opportunity to own a house (this still blows my mind), and the AWESOME advice a lot of you gave me. I'm thankful for my stinkybutt dog, Mylo, even if he is being bad right now.

But honestly, the thing I'm thankful for the most? Having the ability to help all of you. We've come a long way in this company in regards to this very important topic. We're working hard to improve the customer service you receive over the phone, chat, and every other avenue imaginable. It's difficult to break old habits, and I'm sure a lot of you can relate to this. The job I do is just a small cog in the bigger machine of change happening across the company. I genuinely love helping each and every one of you (if I didn't, I probably would have quit due to insanity a LONG time ago), and I want ALL of you to know that I'm thankful for YOU.

Thanks for keeping me sane during moments of insanity. Thanks for being understanding when insanity turns into chaos. Thanks for gently poking me when I forget to do something. Thanks for being there. I'll always be there for you :)

So when you enjoy your meal tomorrow (or enjoy whatever it is you're doing), take a moment to look around at what you have going for you... and give thanks for that. Oh yeah, and to make sure this post isn't TOO serious... here's the video of me being the turkey whisperer.


*For those of you who have lost their jobs, please check out http://careers.comcast.com for our job postings. We're all over the place, and have a lot of jobs that require talent from people like you!

1 Comment:

  1. fairuse said...
    That is thoughtful. Thank you for help, reminding me to think twice write once and all. Thanksgiving is a somewhat a hassle for me but I have to leave The Dungeon to eat anyway.
    later.

Post a Comment